Is document security really something you can do in a day? Are there easy ways to tackle something so complicated? Let's take a look at a few simple ways to protect your documents that, yes, you can do right now!
Even if it really existed, you wouldn't want "shortcut security." It would be severely lacking in reliability, efficiency, or effectiveness, and the chances are that it would make life worse instead of better. However, the good news is that, when it comes to document security, there are a few things you can do to make a difference before calling it a day.
Let's take a look at three ways to improve document security today!
Although most documents are digital these days, you can't overlook physical security.
- Keep offsite backups in case physical files are damaged or lost.
- Don't leave files on the printer tray or stacked up on desks.
- Implement shredding solutions.
Digital security is an excellent way to protect your documents--so feel free to get creative.
- Use a VPN.
- Control which applications are being used for data sharing.
- Make careful decisions about the use of personal devices for work-related tasks/
- Don't let browsers or devices automatically remember your passwords.
This one is tried and true: eliminate mistakes before they have a chance to cause security risks.
- Set expectations for securely disposing of data.
- Make rules for creating strong, reliable passwords.
- Clarify your policies on data access and permissions.
- Train employees to recognize scams, threats, and other digital dangers.
- Help everyone feel responsible for protecting the company, the customers, and each other.
Want to learn more about document security? Looking for quick ways to protect your data? Contact us today!